- BETA release.
- Assigned Multi-position switches now work.
- Fixed a potential reconnection bug.
- Fixed a bug with some (mostly encoder) parameters not being properly configured.
- Some parameters for precise settings now ignore encoder acceleration.
- Fixed a crash related to some parameters used for both 7-segment displays and LED bars.
- Correct value precision initialization for 7-segment displays.
- Config option for LED Bar length and Stepper full circle steps number changed from “s=…” to “p=…”
- Default PWM mapping is 0-4095 (for PWM drivers).
- Flag “z” added for LED Bars – adds a position in which all LEDs are off.
- Steppers and Analog inputs now work.
- Better connection error handling.
- Added firmware version check.
- Various fixes to initial config reading and mapping.
- Internal configuration protocol improvements.
- 3-position switches now work.
- Initialization of some buttons, switches and encoders.
- Switches and encoders default direction with some of the parameters.
- A bug with LED Bar assignment and inputs/outputs on the following pins.
- Multiplexers not working after reconnect.
[DEV] Default “0,1” values for switches. Inverted ON/OFF states (different for datarefs/commands).
- Fixed multiplexed inputs initialization.
- Fixed the “L” signal incorrectly being assigned to pin A6 instead of A7, preventing the serial LEDs and MAX displays from working.
- Fixed problems with stepper assignment.
- “Firmware Upload” window now closes properly after upload.
- LAN address scanning stops after a while if connection has been established.
- IP address used by the plugin and the number of detected serial ports are now displayed in the Status window.
- Analog calibration now sets central position for pitch, roll and rudder.
- LED on the last multiplexer pin as part of a LED Bar now works.
- Corrected LED Bar mapping for values out of the specified range.
- IP options for LAN in Firmware Upload made unavailable for now as they are currently unused by Arduino.
- Numbering for multiplexed I/O changed from
- Multiplexer and output address and control pins moved from
- All analog pins now available for direct assignment, and one of them can be selected for multiplexed analog input.
- Fixed USB connection issues that sometimes appeared if Arduino was connected before X-Plane starts.
[DEV] Analog minimum precision on Arduino side is 20.
- Digital multi-position switches with pre-defined positions now work.
- Encoders with dataref-type parameters now work.
- Toggle Switch configured as toggle button works.
- Cyclic toggle buttons now work.
- More reliable LAN Reconnect (when you don’t use USB for powering when in LAN mode, it reconnects immediatelly).
- Flickering on the 7-segment displays built around hc595 registers
- More parameters added to Parameter Database (configurator)
- Naming of parameters is more “systematic”
- Configurator bugs fixed, added
- Various menu modifications.
- Fixed USB detection bug in Mac version.
- Fixed toggle buttons issue.
- Fixed some parameters not being recognized by the plugin.
- Incrementing numeric (dataref-type) parameters now works (some encoders, increment buttons).
- Support for limited and cyclic increment types.
- Mode_Button and Mode_Switch now work.
- Some fail-safes specific to the Mac version.
- Modified config protocol.
- 7-segment displays, Steppers, PWM, Servos and Serial LED drivers can now be assigned to any multiplexer on any controller board pin.
- LEDs and PWM can work with drivers.
- Custom aircrafts “replacement” configuration support.
- Plugin automatically reads new config when loading another aircraft.
- Fixed a crash in Linux/Mac versions related to serial ports being used by 3rd-party devices or programs.
- Native LCD display support.
- Text output support for LCD and 7-segment displays.
- Modifying MAX and TM 7-segment display brightness.
[Startup] section to the config file, to set simulator parameter values on startup.
- Memory Write and Memory Read buttons for saving/loading simulator values.
- Custom SimVim parameters for use with memory-related conditions.
- Custom SimVim parameters for lighting switches to support storing brightness data.
- Support for initial synchronization of custom aircraft switches that only have one “toggle” command assigned to them, based on the associated dataref value.
- Replacement parameters for Laminar B738 and Baron 58 included in the plugin and don’t require custom assignment.
- Support for multiple “parameter replacement” files for custom aircrafts.
- Inversion flag for all input types – f=i. Stepper type option changed to ‘s’ (previously was ‘t’).
- Conditions bug fixes (conditions evaluated on startup, mode switches don’t override other conditions, overlayed display data properly refreshed).
- Analog calibration bug fixes.
- Compatibility with upcoming SimVimPanel version.
[DEV] For outputs: Precision –
[p -> P]; Stepper type –
[t -> s]; Text –
[DEV] Condition False – clear screen priority and reset “Previous” values of the same ID.
[DEV] Dataref buttons with more than one “value” automatically configured as toggle.
- Redone interface connection protocol. More reliable USB connection.
- Replaced the “Reconnect” button in Status window with the new “Reload Configuration” button for faster configuration update. “Reconnect” button in still available in the drop-down menu, and should only be used in case new devices should be detected (such as SimVimPanel) or Arduino cable was physically reconnected.
- Improved custom lighting switch function.
- More parameters supported as startup commands.
[DEV] Moved LAN ping to the end of the cycle.
[DEV] DTR/RTS lines enabled in Windows serial port.
- Fixed toggle buttons not working properly if more than one is assigned.
- Fixed “Reload configuration” not working if an input is received at the same time (usually caused by a loose analog input noise).
- More initial switch synchronization possibilities for custom toggle commands.
- Fixed range assignment not working for some analog input parameters.
- LCD numeric values are now aligned to the right and have a fixed decimal dot position, similar to 7-segment displays.
- LCD outputs now support some of the same flags as 7-segment displays (display leading zeroes, no leading zero for fractional values, dashes for zero values, decimal dot as delimiter).
[DEV] Switch sync based on dataref – supports dataref array index
- Fixed Mode_Switch not working.
- Added Mode_Group functionality for changing modes with rotary switches or groups of buttons.
- Support for custom rotary switches based on “virtual cockpit” Up/Down commands. Checks a relevant dataref to determine the correct position.
- Switch sync support for custom three-position switches with Up/Down commands.
- Fixes related to large output data, and LCDs in particular.
- Improved connection protocol.
- Supported custom aircraft detection no longer depends on folder placement, info from aircraft model used instead.
- Added SimVim custom datarefs for separate magneto switches.
- Status window now shows connection progress.
- Fixed a crash caused by assigning some specific parameters (also suitable for displays) to steppers or other gauges.
- Proper initial syncronization for standard (not Up/Down) multi-position switches.
- More stable serial (USB) communication.
- Mode_LED parameter now works and doesn’t cause a crash.
- Multi-position switches are now correctly configured with all available options (example: Engine starter switches now work for all engines, not just engine #1).
- All 7-segment displays are now linked to the aircraft’s avionics power by default, and will shut down if the avionics switch is off or in case of power failure.
- Added custom parameters support for Laminar Aerolite 103.
- All rotary switch parameters can now be assigned as analog input with full functionality, including “press-and-hold” commands (for example, engine starter key).
- Fixed some bugs related to “press-and-hold” functionality.
- Some internal configuration improvements.
- Fixed analog inputs precision bug. Didn’t affect simulator parameters, but resulted in more data being sent than needed.
- Analog/multi-position Flaps handle now uses aircraft data to get the number of detents.
- Outputs now support parameters with built-in conditions, without the need to specify conditions in the data.cfg file.
- Fixed Display_Text (without values) not working for 7-segment displays (bug from v0.9.22)
Added SimVim custom datarefs the following:
- Setting transponder code with rotary switches.
- Displaying prop sync via a DC motor on PWM output.
- Auto Gear switch, if not supported by custom aircraft. Specified value defines speed threshold.
- Fixed a conflict between certain options causing a crash when assigning some parameters to LCD.
- Support for more types of 3-pos switches – with 1 or 2 springed positions.
- Automatic opening of all virtual switch cover guards for supported custom aircrafts, so they won’t interfere with the functioning of real switches in your cockpit.
- 3-position switches with one spring-loaded momentary position now work correctly.
- Steppers now work with a stepper extension board (Arduino Uno, Nano). Firmware can be uploaded to this board via plugin menu.
- Single conditional LCD text now works correctly with any dataref values.
- Toggle button for multiple commands no longer requires “f=t” flag.
- Added custom SimVim commands for the autopilot CWS Hold and trim buttons.
- I/O conditions can now check pin state without the need to assign anything to it (pin will work as Mode_Switch).
- Mode_Switch now uses “0/1” states instead of “1/2”.
- Mode_Group can now work as a group of buttons, not just as rotary switch.
- Fixed an encoder bug with some parameters compatible with buttons as press-and-hold.
- For custom aircrafts: Use the “Inputs Test” window to see the parameters you activate in your cockpit and mark them as “not working” for use in the upcoming custom parameter replacement configurator.
- Options for different encoder types are now supported. The “pair of increment buttons” is now configured as a type of encoder.
- Servo support. Servos are connected to a separate controller board, similar to steppers.
- Flag “x” for needle gauges (steppers, PWM, servo) – when gauge is disabled using conditions, return it to zero position.
- Fixed a USB communication bug for some pin assignments in Linux/Mac versions.
- Fixed “Control Wheel Steering” button function (AP_CWS).
- Added support for custom electric panel parameters for Zibo B378.
- Paired increment buttons
- Mode_Switch conditions
- Mode_Group conditions for inputs
- False controller pin configuration based on stepper/servo numbers
- Custom assignment menu for configuring custom aircraft commands/datarefs and their options.
- Gauge mapping menu for testing and assigning mapping to servo, PWM and stepper gauges.
- Binding outputs (or inputs) to a power bus, disabling them when below specified voltage.
- Support for more alphanumeric display types (OLED 20×2).
- Fixed initialization bug for parameters with multiple conditions assigned to them.
- Fixed a bug in SimVim’s Electric Trim custom datarefs reading, which incidentally caused a crash when using DataRefTool.
- Fixed Servo default mapping and calibration limits.
- Fixed direct PWM calibration.
- Added failsafes for reading gauge mapping file and pre-calibration gauge behavior.
- Gauge calibration menu modified. Now shows gauge relative position instead of a number, and the current value of the relevant dataref in X-Plane to use as reference while mapping.
- More reliable serial communication, avoids bugs when having serial devices other than the main controller board connected to the computer.
- Reworked custom parameter assignment menu (Conversion Tool).
- Option to specify the USB port in “config.ini” file so the plugin wouldn’t try to open other ports, providing compatibility with other serial devices.
- Corrected conditional functionality of LCD Annunciator text.
- Added built-in conversion for King Air C90 (Laminar).
- Ability to paste dataref/command strings into Conversion Tool from a “refs.txt” file in the aircraft folder.
- Reference datarefs are now properly loaded in Conversion Tool after they have already been assigned.
- Fixed a bug that could in some cases lead to a crash when editing a parameter in the Conversion Tool that was already assigned before.
- Fixed the (optional) serial port assignment in Windows.
- Text annunciators for LCD can now also be assigned to 7-segment displays.
- Fixed sign positioning for negative numbers on displays with leading zeroes.
- Added a new flag for 7-segment and LCD displays to reserve the leftmost position for the “-” sign. No other symbols will be displayed in this position. For negative numbers, the “-” will always be fixed in this position. LCDs also have a flag to show “+” for positive numbers (only available when used together with the flag for fixed sign position).
- Conversion Tool checks entered dataref/command names for unallowed symbols.
- Option to disable virtual switch guards in custom aircrafts automatically opening on startup (“GUARDS = 0” in “config.ini” file).
- Support for different encoder types.
- When conditions for a display (LCD/7-seg) are false, option to output some text on it instead of disabling it.
- Better rounding for decimal values (for display output).
- Fixed decimal rounding
- Fixed brightness control not working for TM1637 displays with direct connection.
- Support for serial LEDs using MAX7219.
- Conversion table for ZiboMod B737-800 is now also compatible with other B737 models by ZiboMod.
- Can set the value/range for LED activation in the Conversion Tool. Some Light-related parameters can have their dataref index customized.
- The “index” configuration option (“i=N”) now starts its numbering from 0 instead of 1, for more convenience of working with indices of array-type datarefs.
- Added the
[Devices] section into the configuration file, for options related to output devices that can have multiple parameters (displays, serial LEDs). At this moment these options include brightness channel, power bus, and device type flags. Configurator has been modified accordingly. Now, displays (7-segment and LCD) must be assigned to the controller pins first before parameters can be assigned to them. This way, options related to the whole display only need to be specified once, instead of repeating them for every parameter on this display.
- Added custom SimVim parameters for engine start valve.
- Support for Button Matrix Extension board. Will be added to the configurator later.
- Added conversion table for TBM 900.
- Fixed a bug with dot position on 7-segment displays.
- Fixed some bugs in Conversion Tool window.
- Improved custom SimVim dataref for engine starter return.
- Separate Conversion Tool menus for inputs and outputs. To edit the input, you need to physically activate it first, to make sure that the wiring is correct but the default function doesn’t work as expected.
- Conversion tool now checks if the entered datarefs/commands exist in the current aircraft before saving.
- Fixed a bug with “Mag_L_Switch” and “Mag_R_Switch” custom SimVim parameters (since v0.9.34).
- Added custom SimVim parameters for A510 engine starter switch.
- Some flags specifying the device type for 7-segment displays, LCDs and serial LEDs have been replaced with a separate option “D=N”, where N is the device type index (will be listed on the website for reference).
- Improved LED blinking options. Now, “blinking” can be specified as a separate range of values (b=x1,x2) within the LED’s active range. Blinking also supported for 7-segment and LCD text annunciators.
- Inputs/outputs with unassigned parameters (custom) will still be passed to the controller for configuration.
- Fixed some bugs with analog calibration and plugin reconnection. Calibration can now be done for any single analog input without changing the others.
- Default value range for text annunciator activation changed to >0.7 instead of =1.
- “Blinking” option now works for any 7-segment/LCD parameter. Conditions are now properly applied to all displayed data, including additional text. Fixed redundand data sending while blinking.
- Low bus voltage for LCDs is now sent as a short command for clearing the whole display, reducing data packet size.
- Fixes problems reading aircraft parameter replacement tables on HFS / APFS filesystems
- Custom-assigned datarefs with “
” brackets in their names (NOT as array index) now work properly.
- Fixed initial positioning of 3-position switches.
- Supports more compact definition for encoder mode switching.
- Fixed an Output Conversion Tool crash.
- Fixed a bug in stepper type assignment on connection.
- Improved stepper code. 28BYJ-48 steppers now work correctly. Stepper firmware update required.
- Improved the work of complex multi-mode custom display parameters.
- Inversion flag (f=i) now works for full-circle stepper gauges.
- Fixed a bug in handling of multi-mode custom display parameters, such as “DC_Volts_Display” and “AC_Freq_Display” in Zibo B738.
- Corrected outputs not always refreshing on conditions tied to LED states.
- Fixed the output of parameters with shortened values (Value/10, Value/100…) to LCDs and 7-segment displays.
- Added custom SimVim datarefs and commands for switching radio displays between showing COM1 and COM2 frequencies.
- Fixed a serial communication bug on Linux (inputs on multiplexer input 12 were not received properly).
- Fixed analog multiplexer on pin A0 not working.
- Support for brightness area options with # >16.
- Fixed incorrect indices of array-type parameters used in
- Added an option to make a LED blink for a while after being turned ON.
- Faster LED blinking.
- Fixed a bug with matrix extension pins being duplicated as main board pins during initial connection.
- Changed encoder work algorithm. Firmware update required.
- Reworked encoder algorithm. Smoother movement. Full support for 3 different acceleration factors. Encoder “animation” for additional smoothing.
- Built-in support for Reality Extension Pack parameter replacements.
- Electric trim parameters for physical motor can now also be activated by the simulator’s autopilot, as well as the trim buttons.
- >100 parameters had their names changed. You can load your data.cfg file into the configurator and save it – old parameter names will automatically be replaced with new ones.
- Parameter replacements with non-existent dataref/command names are ignored.
- Fixed initial positioning of some specific 3-position switch types.
- Custom SimVim parameters for RMI gauge needles.
- Fixed user-created parameter conversion files not working after REP support was added.
- Fixed Input Conversion tool not detecting inputs with press-and-hold commands.
- Pre-defined values and ranges that some parameters have are now taken into account when these parameters are used as Conditions.
- Fixed input state conditions not working with inputs that already have assigned parameters.
- Fixed a long-standing but unnoticed initial configuration bug when a condition option is present for a parameter.
- In addition to a Mode Button, toggle switches and multi-position switches can now also be assigned to control encoder modes.
- Encoder type and acceleration can now be assigned in the plugin via the “Input Options” menu (formerly “Inputs Conversion”). These options have been removed from the configurator.
- Analog and gauge calibration data, parameter value storage (“memory”) and the new encoder options have all been combined into a single file. Any calibration data you previously had will be automatically converted when the plugin loads.
- Reversed default direction of encoders for some parameters to make them more in line with other parameters.
- Added custom parameter for Rudder Trim Display with “L/R” indication.
- Fixed NAVAID parameter output never refreshing again after displaying blank value.
- Parameter name compatibility for custom conversion.
- Additional text after the number for 7-segment displays is now displayed correctly.
- Added custom “Brakes_Lock” parameter for activating parking brake based on toe brake positions.
- Toggle buttons with dataref-type parameters are properly synchronized on startup.
- Built-in condition for “Oxygen required” annunciator.
- Custom parameter for “Hydraulic fluid low” annunciator.
- Added custom SimVim parameters for RTM modules. With these parameters, the RTM modules can work independantly of any particular plane model.
- Added check for incorrect option values in the Conversion Tool.
- Some custom SimVim parameters can now run their own function even when reassigned in the Conversion Tool (along with the new function).
- Fixed the custom dataref for the right Comm display.
- Added 7-segment/LCD flag for displaying blank screen for zero values.
- Fixed analog axis calibration (bug since v0.9.40, related to changes in calibration data file).
- Corrected engine reverse lever values.
- Advanced calibration for engine Throttle/Thrust levers. Calibration menu now requests to set them into idle position, in order to save the correct reference point for reverse/beta movement range of the lever.
- Minor changes to replacement parameters handling (default values override).
- Better handling of display text annunciators with the same position.
- Fixed the functionality of the custom A510 engine starter key (5-position switch with 3 signal pins). Some internal fixes to multi-position switch configuration.
- Fixed a previously unnoticed bug with multi-position switch parameters not working properly if they include a series of commands.
- Added “simvim/reconnect” as an X-Plane command, as an alternate external method for calling SimVimCockpit reconnection.
- Fixed initial positioning for switches and startup options that have array-type reference datarefs.
- Fixed a bug related to SimVimPanel configuration reading when switching between different panel modules, or when using multiple panel modules on different computers.
- Added custom Magneto switch datarefs for a second engine.
- Startup commands are now called on establishing connection with the controller instead of on plugin start. This fixes the issue with switch guards in some custom aircrafts not opening on startup until you click Reconnect.
- Fixed the “RTP Off” built-in condition.
- Modified connection protocol for the upcoming new SimVimPanel version.
- Added custom SimVim parameters for:
- Electronic clock instrument (outside temperature / voltage)
- EGT gauge reference needle
- Vacuum suction gauge
- Annunciator brightness dimming and test (3-position switch)
- More text symbols for 7-segment displays.
- Added custom SimVim parameters for:
- Prop control (with different functionality depending on engine type)
- Various transponder functions (for SimVimPanel)
- Fixed incorrect work and initial positioning of some 3-position switches.
- Some fixes in new custom parameters for future SimVimPanel modules.
- Some parameters for 3-position switches can now be properly used with 2-position toggle switches as well.
- Several press-and-hold commands assigned to a single button now work properly.
- Fixed a crash when using “Reload Plugins” in X-Plane while the “data.cfg” file contains some of SimVimCockpit custom parameters.
- Fixed key matrix extension boards not working when no steppers are assigned, due to the firmware only opening the required master board “Serial 1” connection in response to stepper configuration. (Fixed in the plugin, no firmware update required).
- Main firmware upload and extension board firmware upload now show different text.
- Reworked toggle buttons that cycle through different dataref values. They now account for the current dataref value, in case it was changed by something other than the toggle button.
- Added more SimVim parameters related to the radio panel, and reworked some of the ones added earlier.
- Added firmware for LCD extension board. Requires main board firmware update. Main board no longer supports LCDs on pin numbers < 20.
- Added Arduino Nano168 support for Servo, Matrix and LCD firmware.
- Changes in the Firmware Upload menu.
- Fixed a bug in Prop Control custom parameter for >1 engines.
- Fixed a bug with the configuration for non-existant encoders being sent to the controller board, in case they were configured before and had their type set in the plugin menu.
- Custom parameters providing advanced functionality for COM1 devices.
- Fixed a minor bug in firmware upload menu.
- Reworked internal plugin structure.
- More radio stack custom parameters. Most functions of COM 1/2 and NAV 1/2 are implemented now. Support for different COM/NAV device types, with different display and input controls behaviour depending on the defined type. Proper handling of powered-off state for these devices (all related inputs stop working, displays go blank, without the need to assign power bus conditions for the displays).
- Fixed a bug in matrix board initialization.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when too many output devices were disabled at once (such as due to a power shutoff in the aircraft). This could happen when a large number of displays were assigned
- Internal tweaks for the startup parameters option.
- COM/NAV saved frequencies are now properly loaded from memory on startup.
- Fixed some bugs in COM/NAV custom parameters. Improved COM/NAV advanced functionality.
- Switches for custom aircrafts that use just a single “toggle” command now check the synchronization dataref every time.
- Fixed a firmware bug that could lead to Arduino hanging up on reconnect.
- Updated firmware upload program.
- Fixed 3-position switches with up/down commands for custom aircrafts not working after synchronization for toggle commands was added in the last version.
- Firmware updated.
- Cleaned up the connection protocol.
- Updated COM/NAV custom functions.
- Updated firmware for LCD, stepper and master boards. LCD board now has reserved pins for display backlight. The backlight will get dimmed when bus voltage is low, and disabled when it’s below the required operational threshold.
- When X-Plane is closed, the plugin now signals the controller board to shut down all outputs (LEDs, displays).
- Plugin download archive no longer includes the example “data.cfg” file. This example configuration is now included in the plugin itself, and used when no “data.cfg” is found. When updating the plugin, you can now just overwrite the folder, without the risk of accidentally replacing your “data.cfg”.
- Fixed a minor bug in COM2 power check function.
- Fixed a bug related to LCD board initialization and master board inputs. Updated firmware.
- Added knob pull function for COM frequency change.
- Fixed a bug introduced in the recent versions that would cause a crash if input switches are assigned as conditions to other parameters.
- Firmware updated. Fixed a bug from the last firmware version that caused a crash when entering analog calibration mode.
- Added a 5-minute timeout for outputs (displays, LEDs) to power down in case of simulator crash (they power down instantly if you exit X-Plane properly).
- Fixed COM displays not working properly if COM device type is not specified (default).
- Added new custom parameters and improved previously implemented custom functions for the following devices:
- Clock and chronometer
- Added support for coded rotary switches for some parameters (8 positions using 3 pins).
- Improved 7-segment display algorithm.
- Changed COM2/NAV2 to use the first power bus by default (same as COM1/NAV1).
- Fixed MAX controller not being properly initialized for extended LEDs.
- Corrected positioning on 7-segment display for OAT.
- Changed the parameter used by OAT display to show battery voltage.
- “Chrono_Ctrl” button parameter now has proper press-and-hold functionality.
- Made changes to parameters related to electric trim.
- Some internal changes in pre-defined conditions programming and parameters used for 3-position switches.
- Added the ability to have different timings for blinking LEDs.
- “Nose_Gear_Pos”, “Left_Gear_Pos”, “Right_Gear_Pos” – new parameters for gear LEDs that blink while gear is in transition.
- Added full image maps for Flight Controls, Gear and Flaps to the configurator.
- Flight time for clock now properly stops when on ground.
- Added custom SimVim function for autopilot speed display, with included “A/B” letters for B373-style display.
- Corrected CWS_Hold button function.
- Radio devices with custom functionality are now initialized properly if device type is not specified.
- Added custom SimVim functions for speed brake auto deployment.
- Added custom “HDG_AP_Bug” parameter for a stepper-driven heading bug. It calculates the correct bug position value for the stepper, taking in account if the gauge used in the aircraft is vacuum or electric.
- Support for new display configuration format.
- Fixed COM2 device type initialization.
- Fixed bugged output on pins 14-15 under some conditions (LCD extension not used, serial LEDs used).
- All custom aircraft parameter conversion is now done in an online community configurator, with resulting conversion files available for public download. The built-in conversion tool has been removed from the plugin.
- Improvements and fixes in the handling of 3-position switches and display formats.
- Added custom SimVim parameters for DME2.
- Support for all inputs and 7-segment displays to have the same simplified mode switch assignment that only encoders had before.
- Support for custom 3-position switches that only have 1 toggle command and a reference dataref.
- Some fixes related to custom SimVim datarefs.
- New brightness control parameters, not connected to any simulator brightness datarefs.
- Fixed LED Matrix (MAX7219) not working.
- Fixed 3-position switches with 2 commands and reference dataref not working due to a program conflict with the new 3-position switch type.
- The format of custom aircraft conversion files has been modified with the new online conversion tool. If you have made use of downloadable conversion files, please download the updated versions of these files. If you have previously used the plugin’s built-in converter, please use the online tool now.
- Added support for combined radio device that can control and display COM1, COM2, NAV1, NAV2, ADF1, ADF2 and Transponder.
- Some modifications to the COM/NAV devices algorithm and AP Speed display. New image maps in the configurator.
- Mhz frequency control encoders for radio devices (COM/NAV) can now work together with “Pull” function to control khz instead.
- Rotary switches now support custom “hold” states. This includes custom rotary switches with up/down commands and reference dataref.
- Fixed “Hold” functionality for DME device.
- Fixed BRT0_Ctrl display brightness control not working.
- Display brightness values now default to 0.5 instead of 0.
- Some fixes in built-in conversions for Boeing 737 (both Laminar and Zibo).
[DEV] command1+command2 – simultaneous commands for buttons.
- Fixed COM/NAV frequency display missing the last digit, after some changes in the 7-segment display code.
- Combined radio display now displays 5 or 6 digits for COM depending on Com_Size parameter (separate from Com1_Size and Com2_Size).
- Master Firmware upload button is now hidden if connection with the board is successfully established, to signify that firmware update is not required. The plugin will always notify you if master firmware needs to be updated.
- Instead of always changing khz by 25, a 5-digit COM device khz knob now changes the frequency by either 50 or 25 based on the “Pull” control position.
- COM Mhz knob is now switched into “khz” mode by the “Pull” function only if a dedicated “khz” knob is not assigned (just a single encoder is used).
- New parameter for TKM MX12/MX170 device – Com1_25_Up (button increments frequency by 25).
- Mode switch mechanism has been changed, as the previous one wasn’t very flexible and resulted in some bugs that proved hard to fix. Now, modes are stored as a custom dataref with the “Selector_#” parameter name. Any “Selector_#” parameter can be altered by a cyclic button, toggle switch or rotary switch, read as an annunciator output, and used as a condition for switching device mode. To assign a mode, first create an input with the “Selector_#” parameter. Then, click the pin of the multi-functional input/output you want to edit (encoder, 7-segment display) and click the “Mode Switch” button, just as before. Then, choose the Selector number to control the mode of this device. Any old mode assignments need to be assigned again in the updated configurator.
- Fixes for EGT_Ref_Set encoder function and ADF custom SimVim functions.
- XPDR_Ent button now works for any transponder type.
- Cleared some deprecated custom datarefs.
- 7-segment displays that show blank screen for zero values now show negative values properly.
- 7-segment display now outputs the “:” symbol as a dot (for specialized clock 7-segment displays that have it wired as a dot).
- Fixed the issue with clock display length when using a 4-digit 7-segment display.
- Encoded multi-position (hex-code) switches now have better compatibility with different parameter types.
- Transponder knobs now use the same parameters for encoders and rotary switches.
- Some fixes in Transponder, NAV and combo radio control encoder functions. Frequency entry buttons on a transponder now cycle the digit position properly.
- AP_Speed_Disp display now shows blank if VNAV mode is ON.
- All radio devices now automatically have the power bus assigned based on aircraft model settings.
- Added rocker switch as a new input device type (a pair of buttons).
- Finished the main custom functions for ADF devices.
- Fixed ADF powering and ADF_Pull function for single-knob device.
- Some fixes and improvements in 7-segment and LCD displays related to new format options.
- Fixed the “Rudder_Trim_Disp” display not working properly after some previous changes in the parameter database.
- Fixed XPDR_Mode rotary switch not getting the type-appropriate set of values in the latest version (due to related code revision).
- Fixed a crash after saving radio frequency to memory (after ADF functions were added).
- DME standalone device is now fully functional. Power for DME2 now works correctly.
- Some optimizations in custom parameters.
- Improved 7-segment and LCD algorithm. Parameters with added zeroes at the end can now be used together with additional text.
- Added Engine Manual Override custom SimVim parameter for analog axis, custom SimVim parameters for any type of engine starters, ignition, and fuel level indicators, etc.
- Fixed RMI_Pointer parameters not providing values in ADF mode.
- Combo radio device is now not affected by “source” settings of the standalone devices.
- Some fixes and improvements for XPDR device.
- All DME devices are switched into the mode appropriate for their type on connection.
- New compact representation of device startup variables in the config file.
- Fixed “Input Options” menu not having the “Save” button when setting Brightness Control associated dataref for an analog input.
- Fixed “Selector” assignments sometimes not working, depending on other device options present.
- Fixed parameter replacements for REP not working.
- Fixed left/right magneto switches being inverted.
- Fix for “Start_Eng#” parameters.
- Fixed DME Mode/Source inputs not working since the update.
- DME initial mode reset now works correctly.
- Some changes related to the upcoming SimVimPanel version.
- Improved initial USB connection. Helps with cases when serial port can’t be initialized on X-Plane startup for some reason.
- Some corrections to display format (relevant for autopilot preset altitude / vertical speed displays).
- Fixed radio devices with default type not being initialized properly since v0.9.59.
- Cleaned up deprecated code.
- Improvements to the display format consistency (7-segment / LCD).
- Fixed a crash when connecting to some SimVimPanel modules with radio devices (related to parameters with conditional text).
- Fixed a crash when using invalid parameter names.
- Some additions to the configuration format for more future flexibility.
- When a device is linked to a Selector, the number of affected parameters will be limited by the number of the selector’s positions. For example, on an LCD display with multiple parameters and a Selector, any parameters that exceed the number of Selector positions will always be visible, unaffected by the mode switch.
- Support for an additional aircraft conversion file (svc_alt_***.dat), loaded over the main conversion file.
- Fixed a bug in Start_Mode parameters and expanded them to support 3-engine aircrafts.
- Ignition rotary switch can be assigned as an analog input again.
- STec-55 Autopilot: with new custom functions, pressing HDG+NAV (Selectable Course Intercept) or ALT+VS (for ST-360 altitude selector) now correctly calls the appropriate function (in X-Plane, these are separate commands that work like another “virtual” button, and do not get called when pressing the 2 buttons together in a real cockpit). Similar function for ALT and VS buttons.
- Added predefined matrix configurations for FMS.
- Improved “Elec_Trim_Mode” custom function.
- Better reading of byte-array type datarefs when passing data for SimVimPanel (useful for the new FMS data).
- SimVimPanel can now receive twice more data per frame.
- Fixed radio device displays (7-segment / LCD) not updating (caused by a bug in new data reading procedures).
- Fixed a bug involving random input reactions when receiving data from an analog input currently ignored by the plugin (such as throttle input when autothrottle is enabled).
- The 3 separate parameter groups for throttle controls with reverse/beta have been deprecated, now only a single parameter group is used (Eng_Throttle, Eng1_Throttle, Eng2_Throttle…), with the throttle type being set in the configurator when assigning the parameter.
- Toggling the plugin’s “Status” window option (show on startup) now works if the “config.ini” file hasn’t been created yet.
- Fixed a bug that could cause problems with rotary switch replacements for community or individual conversion files.
- Some data table corrections.
- Fixed some of the conditions (including Selectors) not working properly since v0.9.63.
- Corrected data positioning on 4-digit TM1637 displays. It is now consistent with other 7-segment display types.
- A single “AP_SPD_Cmd” parameter is now used for any type of autopilot speed display. Custom “AP_Speed_Disp” parameter previously used for Zibo B738 is now deprecated.
- Some safeguards against initialization bugs. Better deprecated parameter name replacement.
- Implemented support for bitfield datarefs for annunciators.
- Initial support for LED test button.
- Support for multiple parameters in a line (useful for assigning several parameters in a sequence to a toggle button).
- Fixed a configuration conflict between one of the new features (multiple parameters in a line) and custom multi-position switches (up/down with a reference dataref), causing a crash if such multi-position switch is configured.